The other night I couldn't sleep. I was laying there in the dark thinking about the saying, "Everything happens for a reason". I began to reflect upon my own life and here is what I came up.
1. All those past relationships - taught me what I need in a partner and to appreciate the wonderful man I have now.
2. All my car accidents - taught me the frailty of life, to be a defensive driver, and the consequences of recklessness
3. My DUI - taught me to never chance it, to plan ahead, and to prevent others from making my mistake
4. Losing people close to me - to love those around me, to tell people "i love you", to value life for the wonderful gift it is
5. Living with depression - to know my own strength, learning to ask for help, acceptance
6. Being born a klutz - taught me to laugh at myself, accept my failures, and determination to overcome
7. Developing friendships, then loosing them - to appreciate what I have, and when to let go
8. Being a liar - has taught me to not lie, to say I am sorry, and to face the messes I have made
I am sure there were more that I came up, but this is all I can remember. I believe it to be important to reflect on the painful memories, the embarrassing moments, the hard times in order to remember what I have learned, what I felt, and how much I never want to experience that moment again. It is important to humble ourselves, as it is all too easy to forget our mistakes, and focus upon our good sides.
But isn't that life is all about? We come to Earth to learn lessons, to better ourselves, to continually strive to be better people. Everyone stumbles, trips up, and gets hung up. But that is why we are not alone. That is why we help each other, forgive each other, because one day it will be ourselves that needs help up. One day, it will be our turn to ask for help. Make sure someone will be there to help you up.