My List of 25 was inspired by a friend who posted her list of 25. These are my fears, my secrets, my hidden talents, things from my past, present, and future, and other miscellaneous tidbits about me. It was fun to read through her list of 25 and so to return the favor, here is my list of 25.
1. I love to make car sounds as I drive in my car; like when I speed up I make the sounds of a race car driver and when I brake I make the sounds of braking really, really hard. It is entertaining to imagine what it would be like to drive like a crazy person while running mundane errands.
2. I hate peppers, onions, some tomatoes, but I love salsa and pico de gallo.
3. I am very competitive. It doesn't matter what it is, I will try to to it better, faster, harder, stronger, or longer than anyone else. I don't like this part of my personality.
4. Napping is one of my favorite pastimes; I can sleep anywhere, anytime.
5. Fearing what people will think keeps me from making decisions about my wedding. I don't want people to think my decorations are lame, or my colors are boring, or my food is gross. So I just don't make any decisions.
6. If I could learn how to paint, or draw that would be wonderful. I can think of what I want my picture to look like, but somehow as the message travels from my brain to my hand it gets messed up.
7. Most of the time I feel more comfortable in a setting with more males than females. I know how judgemental and catty females can be, and I hate feeling like I am being judged. I don't feel like guys judge as much as females do.
8. I hate wearing jeans for longer than eight hours. I much prefer pants with elastic waist bands such as trackies, sweats, and yoga pants.
9. When Jack-Rabbit binkies, my heart literally flutters. Nothing makes me feel as happy as when I watch Jack race around the house and binkie to his heart content. I feel like I have accomplished at least one thing in my life when I see how happy my bunny-boy is.
10. Cleaning always makes me feel better, when I am upset, lonely, or lacking something in my life - I clean. If I can make my house, my car, or my yard clean and orderly than maybe my life will follow.
11. I love to smell books. Different genres have different smells. Sometimes I will a read a book just because I like how it smells.
12. People tell me that I am a good story teller and I like that part of my personality. I like to tell stories and one day I am going to write a book. That is one of my life goals.
13. When I ride my bike around the neighborhood, or when I go running, or make the drive to Redmond, I like to imagine myself as being in the opening credits of a movie. I picture the camera being zoomed in on my bike tire as I ride through a puddle, and close shots of my feet peddling for a bit, and then maybe a shot of changing gears... I like to then imagine what the movie is about, who my character is, and what is going to happen.
14. Puzzles are one of my favorite past times. I enjoy turning the chaos of jumbled pieces into the finished puzzle.
15. I love to watch Super Nanny and Trading Spouses... I really do and I have even gotten my roommates addicted to the shows too.
16. I love how Joel smells. I like to put his t-shirts on my extra pillows so during the week when we are apart, I can still feel like he is close.
17. I listen to classical music more than I want to admit.
18. I made my younger sister poop in a bucket when we were kids because if we went into the house mom would remember to make us do our chores. I feel really bad about how I treated my sisters when we were growing up.
19. I have really gained a lot of weight and it makes me angry. Why is it so easy to put and so hard to take off?
20. I really don't care if people laugh at me. I honestly do not. My life motto is "Laugh with me or at me; just as long as we are laughing". I know that I am goof and klutzy person, I am over being worried about other people knowing this about me. Laughter makes people happy, so I will sacrifice myself to make everyone happy.
21. When I think about how much I love everyone in my life I honestly get teary eyed. I love my family, my friends, and my fiance more than I know how to say.
22. Sometimes I go to bed without brushing my teeth just because I am too lazy.
23. When Joel and I first started dating, I would wait until he went to the bathroom and then I would quickly go out the patio door and fart and then race back to the couch before he returned. I will not fart in front of ANYONE!
24. I bite my nails and won't stop even when it starts to hurt. I can relate to that song, "make it hurt so good..." I'm trying to stop this habit.
25. I am orally fixated (according to Freud). I have this heart blanket that is so worn out it is nearly threadbare in spots, and I love to rub those parts on my lips when I watch TV. When I am nervous I bite my nails. When I am angry I clench my jaws.
Well, that was my list of 25. Please leave a comment or if you so choose make your own list of 25 and share.