Monday, August 4, 2008

Going Public

I am so proud of myself. This morning I finally did something I have been thinking about doing for a long time now. I rode my bike to work; well actually it was a combination of riding the bus and riding my bike.

I rode my bike down to the Bellingham Bus Station on Railroad, then took a bus to the Cordota Station, then took a bus to the Lynden Station, and from there road my bike the three miles to the office. All in all, it only took me one hour to make the entire journey.

When I drive my car it takes me about 25 minutes to get work on the freeway. Even though taking the bus/my bike takes over twice as long, I get to read my book, listen to music or people watch while the bus. The three mile bike ride wakes me up, gives me energy and releases those happy endorphins in my brain so when I do arrive at the office, I am cheerful and ready to get started. Imagine that, without any coffee! I'm even going to log my miles on the SmartTrip website for the WTA. You can win money, gift cards, and fun stuff like that.

Last Saturday, Joel and I went to Wet-n-Wild in Federal Way. With his Microsoft PrimeCard, we get into the park for only $10, instead of the full $35 per person. It was a lot of fun. It has been a long time since I rode a tube down a water slide, or riding a roller coaster. The last time I was on swing set, I got an upset stomach, so I was pretty proud of myself of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment