Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Social :: Holiday Special

This week's Sunday Social has a fun holiday theme. Let's get started...

1. What is your favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?

Every year I have to watch Home Alone, Love Actually, Christmas Vacation, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Bad Santa, and A Christmas Story. I am sure I am forgetting a good one, but this list seemed pretty good to me!



2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what?
If not what would you do?
 
I help organize the office Giving Tree toy drive for our local Salvation Army. Last year the office collected over 50 toys for kids in our community. 


3. What is your favorite toy received as a child for the holidays?
 
Easy. Miss Bunny. My cousin Leann gave me a giant (about two and a half feet tall) stuffed rabbit my first Christmas in Washington, after moving with my family from Utah. She was my constant companion growing up and I still have her with me.
 
 

4. What was your must have item in high school for the holidays? 
 
I wanted a hair straightener so bad, that I went crazy when I opened it on Christmas day. I can still remember my dad being confused as to what it was. "What do you mean it straightens your hair? Your hair is already straight, don't you mean it curls your hair?" Good thing my mom knew how to hook a girl up!
 

5. What do you do on Christmas Eve?
If you are Jewish what does your family do for Hanukkah?
 
Joel and I typically travel about two hours north of home to be with my family on Christmas Eve. My entire extended family on my mom's side gathers together at my aunt's house for way too much food, way too much wine, and a really, really good time! We do a white elephant gift exchange and watch the little kids open their stockings. The guys play blackjack and my dad is always the dealer. It is so much fun! This has the tradition in my family ever since I was five and we moved back to Washington.
 
This was Christmas Eve last year. I have a big family, this is just the girls!
 
Sunday Social
 
I'm linking up with Ashley and Neely for this week's Sunday Social.
Be sure to check out the other great posts this week!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot Elf! =) Love that you still have your giant bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I the only person on the planet who hasn't seen Christmas Vacation? At least I know I haven't seen the whole thing. I'm going to have to find it and watch it this year to see what all the fuss is about...

    ReplyDelete