Saturday, May 15, 2010

Book List

Living just down the street from an amazing used bookstore I have been keeping my nose in as many books as I can get Joel to let me take home. I have come to organize my many books in stacks. One stack on the floor next to the bed of just finished reading, one stack on my nightstand of currently reading or to start reading soon, and a stack on the dresser of favorites to read again).

The Stack on the Floor:
The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Dead Silence by Randy Wayne White
Tell Me Something True by Leila Gobo
Look Again by Lis Scottoline
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

The Stack on the Nightstand:
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Resurrection by Leo Tolstoy
Laughter in the Dar by Vladimir Nabokov
East of Eden by John Steinbeck

The Stack on the Dresser:
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Despair by Vladimir Nabokov
The Portrait of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

I am also listening to an audio book of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. It helps to slow down my mind at night and get me relaxed so that I can fall asleep quickly and get the most out of my short evenings. Joel doesn't like it, because when he comes to bed, he gets to try to untangle my sleeping self from my iPod and ear bud cords. I try so hard to stop my iPod before I fall asleep, but I never seem to catch myself in time. Poor Joel, always having to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment