Saturday, August 18, 2012

Boka Resturant & Bar : Resturant Review

At my office, our department celebrates birthdays by going out to eat breakfast together. It is an excuse to get out of the office together and catch up with one another. Breakfast seems to be the only time that we can get nine different schedules to match up, which is perfect for me because breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out.

For the month of August, we were celebrating two birthdays (my own, and another administrative assistant's) and we decided to visit Boka Restaurant and Bar on First Avenue between Marion and Spring Streets. I was the first arrive that morning and was quickly seated with coffee. I enjoyed people watching out the large windows until the rest of the team arrived.

It was hard to pick one thing from their breakfast menu, but I finally settled on the Morning BELT, which is scrambled egg, lettuce, and tomato on a Columbia City potato roll with a choice of meat. I decided to be a bit more healthy this morning, and ordered the BELT with scrambled egg whites and the vegetarian sausage. I have not one regret about my order; it was delicious!

the Morning BELT - so tasty!
Because we were celebrating two birthdays, we picked two desert items to share among the table. After much consideration, I decided to order the Nectarine Sorbe Bombe. Once again, it was amazing. The Nectarine Sorbe Bombe is a nectarine sorbet and yogurt mousse with a black currant-mint sauce and a bruleed nectarine. The flavors were explosive in my mouth and I savored every bite. It was good thing I ordered a healthier version of my BELT because everyone was so full from their breakfast that I ate the whole dessert by myself. It was my birthday and I was going to indulge!

the Nectarine Sorbe Bombe - Amazing!
I was disappointment by the amount of time we had to wait for our food to arrive though. We had called ahead for reservations, notifying the restaurant staff we had to back to our office by 9:00am for meetings. The service was so slow, that a few people had to leave before the check arrived. The waitress stated the delay was due to the large size of our group. But isn't that why you make reservations and notify the staff ahead of time of your needs, so they can be adequately prepared for your arrival? Boka might not be the best place for a large group, but I would return with a smaller group. It is hard to find good breakfast restaurants in the downtown Seattle area, so I will keep Boka on my list of places to return to.

Do you have a recommendation for breakfast in the City?

No comments:

Post a Comment