Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mariners Game

Joel and I were lucky enough to win tickets to the Mariners game on August 21st from my office raffle. Each season my company will raffle off extra tickets to the company seats and this week, I was the lucky winner of two tickets. The company seats are AMAZING; thirteen rows up from the guest dugout on the third base line. These seats make you feel like you are in the middle of the game!

Just last Saturday, Joel and I were at the Sounders game against the Vancouver White Caps, and you wouldn't believe who threw the first pitch in the Mariners game: Fredy Montero! Fredy is a forward for the Sounders and it was fun to see him again.
Fredy Montero shows his support of Felix with his yellow shirt after he threw the first pitch.
Because this was the first game for Felix Hernandez to pitch after his Perfect Game, fans were given yellow KING Felix t-shirts and signs as we entered the stadium. I was so excited - I love free stuff! The crowd was a sea of yellow in a nearly sold-out stadium! It was a lot of fun to be there for this game. 
I'm very excited about my yellow t-shirt and King Felix sign!
And the Mariners take the field!
I love when the sweepers do a dance! I cheer so loud for them!
Joel and I in our King Felix t-shirts.
Joel liked to wave both the signs when the game got exciting.
The Mariners won 5 to 1 against the Cleveland Indians. In the bottom of the seventh inning, the Mariners scored four of their five runs and I am sure we spent the whole inning on our feet, cheering until our throats were sore. I love watching the Mariners play and it is great to see the fans out in full support of our team. I can't wait to see them play again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment