Saturday, December 22, 2012

Husky Football - MAACO Bowl

Anna and Robert invited us to watch the UW Husky's take on Boise State in the MAACO Bowl. We decided to meet up at the The Loose Wheel - Bar and Grill in Puyallup near Anna and Robert's house. When Joel and I arrived, Anna had a bloody mary waiting for me, she is just the best!

A very tasty start to my morning!
We decided to order some breakfast from the extensive menu to get us ready for the game. I ordered the Breakfast Sandwich in anticipation of helping Joel finish his order, The Lineman. The Lineman is a GIANT 20-ounce biscuit topped with 24 ounces of delicious sausage gravy and is served with three eggs and a huge pile of home-fried potatoes. I figured I better order something small, just in case Joel needed some help with his breakfast.

My breakfast sandwich with Joel's monster meal - he nearly ate it all!
I was very impressed with Joel's accomplishment of finishing off his breakfast with minor assistance from me. The Loose Wheel turned out to be a pretty good pick for a location to watch the Husky game. The food was pretty good, lots of Husky fans made the atmosphere fun, and lots of beers on tap to pick from. We might have to come back to watch the Husky's while they are on the road.

Even though the Huskies lost the game (28-26), it was a fun game to watch. UW rallied from an 18-3 deficit but gave up a late field goal and Keith Price threw a bad interception in the final minutes of the game. It was a heartbreaking end to their season, but we know next year, with Joel and I cheering them on, they will have a killer year (fingers crossed!).

Me, Anna, Jeremy, Robert, and Joel - Cheering on the Dawgs!
At half-time and at the end of the game, the bar had a raffle for great prizes including a trip to Mexico and Hawaii.
All we won was this shirt, hat and Frisbee, but I was excited - I never win raffles.
The waitress brought me a WSU glass with my beer order, so we had to fix it.
This was the first time in a couple years that Anna and I have been able to see each other and exchange our gifts so close to Christmas, so it was the perfect start to our Christmas weekend.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment