Friday, May 23, 2008

Goal to Rock It One Day

Listen, I want to thank leaders of the--in the faith--faith-based and community-based community for being here. --George W. Bush Washington, DC 09/06/2005

Yep. That is the guy the American public elected. Sometimes I can't believe a person who speaks consistently like this is able to get so far, especially in politics. And then sometimes, I think there are more people like him in politics than not.

I was on a website the other day, where you enter your own opinions on various topics ranging from abortion, to emigration, to foreign policy and then based on your answers, it matches with you with a politician in the race for presidency who best matches your own opinions. I was surprised with my match. But what I like even more about this website, is that it provides you with examples, based on actual votes made, bills signed, and such. It provides detailed, documented, and researched data with sources provided. A rare thing to find today. Pretty interesting to see how I matched up with different candidates. It will be an interesting election year, that is for sure.

So the long weekend. It is about time! I am very tired. Everyday after work this week I have been napping for at least an hour, which means I don't get to bed on time, since I am still wide awake. Oh well.

I have made it my goal to learn a song and know how to play it without looking at notes or anything on a guitar by Christmas this year. I am going to do it. I have always wanted to learn how to play and now seems like a good time to start. I know the cords C, D, and G. So that is a good start. I want to be as good as Justin, Joel, Mark, Mark, and Mike. Man those guys are amazing. Joel was playing something something on his bass and Mark just watched Joel's fingers for a minute and then was playing along on his electric. Amazing!!! I just sit in the corner of the room, watching in awe, and sometimes singing along if I recognize the song. I just love to sit in on their jams. One day, I hope they will let me play along. That would be way too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment