Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bothell to Huskey Stadium

On Monday, Joel and I went for a bike ride with his parents. It was so much fun. We meet up in Bothell and rode around Lake Washington, all the way to the Huskey Stadium and then back. Judy has this thing on her bike that tells us how fast we are going (in m.p.h.) and how many miles we have traveled. We averaged about 10 miles per hour for the three hour ride. My butt is so sore, it won't go near anything that resembles or feels like a bike seat. At one point my back tire was flat, but we didn't figure that out for a while. I was so tired, and my legs felt like lead. I was working so hard to keep up with everyone and not slow them down. I was mad at myself, cause I thought I was in better shape than that. Once we put more air in my back tire, I was ready to rock and roll. What a difference! Much better. On the way back I was ridding Judy's bike, Judy was ridding Joel's bike, and Joel was ridding my bike (I'm not sure why we played Chinese-fire-bikes, but we did) and when Joel applied the breaks on my bike as we were ridding down a pretty big the front tire completely blew! So Judy and Jack had to ride back to the cars and come to pick Joel and I up. But overall, it was a great day. Perfect weather for a bike ride. Great activity to do with Joel's parents.

The rest of the weekend was spent visiting open houses, hunting down a great guitar, almost buying another rabbit (which I was going to name Jimmy-he was so FREAKING cute!), relaxing at home, and barbecuing with friends. But now it is back to Bellingham, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment