Monday, April 26, 2010

I Got A Job!

I am very happy to share with everyone that I am now no longer a happily unemployed person. I am now a delightfully employed career woman! I accepted an offer from Maple Systems to start working as the Administrative Assistant to the Managing Director. I interviewed with her this morning, and she wanted me to start right away. Maple Systems, located in South Everett, creates touch screen automated controls for a variety of industries and purposes. For example, like the computers used in restaurants to enter orders or you can have an entire building’s heating and cooling controlled to ensure the most economical heating and cooling possible; nearly everything from refineries to the medical industry. The Managing Director needs help narrowing down, creating, and documenting the standard procedures for the company. She also needs someone to help organize and streamline operations. She could also use a hand with the day to day activities of running a successful business. I feel this will be a great fit for me. We really seemed to click right away. She was a warm and inviting person with a good sense of humor. If I can’t work for dad, I think this will be a good second place. I start tomorrow at 9:00am and I can’t wait. It has been a long time since I have packed my own lunch, so I am going to ask Joel for some help; he knows what is good in a bag lunch. My schedule will be Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. I am really excited for a four day week. It will give me a day to catch up on house work, laundry, and yard work; leaving plenty of time to hang out with Joel on our days off. I couldn’t be happier right now; I just hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment