Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Be Kind To Yourself

Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.


Be Kind To Yourself. We are all our own toughest critic and it is hard for me to remember to be kind to myself. I work hard to be the person I want to be. I try to eat right, to workout at the gym, to be a good wife, a good sister, a good daughter, a good friend, and a good co-worker.

When I really listen to what I say to myself, I am a real jerk! "Oh my goodness, you look ridiculous today, did you even look in the mirror?" "Did you really just say that out loud, they are going to think you are stupid!" "How could you have misspelled that word and missed it!" "You are such a fat pig, don't eat that cupcake!" "You look stupid in workout clothes." "You could never wear skinny jeans, you are too thick." Seeing them typed out on the screen, these statements are hurtful. But I still say them to myself every day.

I need to stop. I need to be kind to myself. I need to remember that the people who count, my family, my friends and my amazing husband, don't care if I am thick, if I eat cupcakes and if I wear silly looking clothes. They love me. I need to love me.

Be kind to yourself.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. OMG you're not "thick" you silly goose! You're one of the fittest people I know! I'm going to call you out the next time I think you are thinking one of these hurtful things. And besides, a cupcake now and then never hurt anyone... remember the day I ate TWO of those pink ones? Man those were delicious...

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that day, because you talked me into eating those cupcakes too! :) They were soooo worth every calorie! Thank you for the reality check - always appreciated!

      Delete