Sunday, May 5, 2013

Whom do I love?

Day 5: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends.


My friend Anna and I once made plans to live next door to each other so we could just walk over after work, sit on the porch together, drink wine, and be together. But life has temporarily put these plans on hold. We have both found our Happily-Ever-Afters and are living in different cities, about an hour apart. Even though there is physical distance, I feel like we are still as close as ever.


We met in college and when she moved in to an apartment in the same building. We became quick friends and when it came time to move again, we moved in together. Live was great, when I lived with Anna. Some of my favorite memories of college come from that duplex on Puget Street. We discovered Jim Gaffigan, created the Lobcoon, dented the walls and door with champagne corks, drank at the beach, went to concerts, walked Christmas trees home from the store, chilled champagne in the snow when the power went out, and had lazy nights in.




 



We might see each other less often now but we still know how to have fun together. Times change and we grow older, but our friendship just grows deeper! One day, our plans will work out and we will be old ladies together who do nothing but drink wine and tell the stories of our youth. I love you, Anna-my-Birch!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment