Monday, May 20, 2013

Let's Get Real, Shall We?

Day 20: Get Real. Share something you are struggling with right now.


Well, literally, right now I am struggling with the Blog Every Day in May challenge. As you can see, I am missing dates, posts are coming late, and who knows when I will be able to catch up. I'm going to get really "real" with you and break it down.
  1. It takes me forever to add pictures. I ran out of the free memory space, so to add pictures, first I download them from either my camera or my cell phone. Then I edit the pictures and reduce the file size in Lightroom. Next, I upload them to Picasa Web. From here I can import the pictures into my blog post. Goodness it takes forever. You would be shocked to see how many drafts I have with text. The only reason why they are not published is because they still need pictures...
  2. Carving out the time to write. I am pulled in many different directions and it can be hard for me to find the time to sit down and get a couple posts completed. There are so many things I want to do in a day and sometimes blogging is pushed to the bottom of the list. And to be honest, my desk is Joel's old desk from college. It is uncomfortable for me to sit at for long periods of times. When I am uncomfortable, I loose interest in things very quickly. But a new office is on my wish list for this year's home improvement projects.
  3. Writer's block. Even with prompts, I am having a serious case of writer's block. I think most of it stems from a project I am working on at the office, which has me seriously stumped. Sometimes it just takes me a bit longer than average figure out how I want to express what I am trying to say.
I'm totally stumped. No idea what I want to say.
So there you have it. That is my struggle, right now. So I am going to take my own advice, I'm going to be kind to myself, and I'm going to forgive myself for my poor showing in the challenge. Eventually I will get it all posted, but not tonight. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment