Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Get to Know Me From A to Z!

While visiting Olson's Travels I got to know her a bit better by reading a list of 27 interesting tidbits using the letter of the alphabet and I thought, why not do it myself!

So here goes. Getting to know me, from A to Z...

A. Attached or Single? Attached, I am married to the love of my life, Joel.
B. Best Friend? Anna My-Birch, she might live an hour and a half away, but we stay close.
C. Cake or Pie? PIE! I love a slice of warm pie with a scoop of ice cream... oh so good! 
D. Day of Choice? Saturday. It is usually the day that I get to do something fun with some fun people.
E. Essential Item? I hate to admit it but probably my phone. I would be lost without my calendar or the ability to google things when ever I think of a question.
F. Favorite Color? PURPLE! Hands down.
G. Gummy bears or worms? I don't really have a preference, but the last time I had a gummi, I think it was bears.
H. Hometown? Lynden, Washington - Home of Dairies and Berries!
I. Favorite Indulgence? Oh there are just too many; pasta, trash TV, any dessert, beer...
J. January or July? July. Although I do love a good New Year's Party...
K. Kids? Nope. Just two adorable nephews and one amazing niece.
L. Life isn't complete without? Well, if we don't count the obvious answer of my better half, then I would have to say, a good story. I heart books!
M. Marriage Date: Joel and I were married on October 10, 2009. (No, we did not want to wait a year and get married on 10-10-10... but we were married 99 years to the date after my great-grandmother was married...)
N. Number of Brothers and Sisters? I have three wonderful sisters (one older and two younger) and one terrific sister-in-law, who I much prefer to call my fourth sister.
O. Oranges or Apples? Apples. But only cut up into slices. I just can't make myself eat an apple down to the core. Gross.
P. Phobias? Drowning (I really don't want to go out that way...), Being entrapped (small spaces, crowded places... I always need an exit), anything creepy crawly (snakes, spiders, moths) and birds.
Q. Quotes? "Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Gil Bailie
R. Reasons to Smile? I have the best family and some wonderful friends who all make life so fun!
S. Season of Choice? Fall. I love Indian summers; when the leaves turn colors, boots and sweaters.
T. Tag 5 people: Here are five of my favorite blogs to follow: Sarah over at Life as Always, Kristine over at Living Barefoot and Crazy, Kathleen over at Something 'bout A Truck, Brittin over at Olson's Travels, and Kath over at Kath Eats Real Food
U. Unknown Fact about Me: I hate my knees. A strange thing to dislike about yourself, I know, but I don't like my knees.
V. Vegetable? Right now, I am loving garlic tops. Mix with a bit of evoo, salt and pepper, throw them on the grill for a bit and enjoy! So good!
W. Worst Habit? I have a quick temper. If I am frustrated or overwhelmed, then I am really quick to loose my cool. I should learn to relax a bit. Probably.
X. X-Ray or Ultrasound? I don't really mind either. I have had more x-rays in my life than ultrasounds, so I guess ultrasounds, to even things up?
Y. Your favorite food? A food that has been on my "favorite food" list for the longest is grits. I love them. I don't eat them very often, but I savor them when I do.
Z. Zodiac Sign? Leo

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love reading these. Did I ask you before how old you are?

    ReplyDelete