- One 10 oz can Cream of Broccoli soup (or mushroom) (or make your own...)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (I use greek yogurt instead, to cut calories)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 cups reduced fat shredded cheese (cheddar, colby-jack, etc)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 1/2 cup COOKED quinoa
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear. In a small saucepan combine the quinoa, water, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until fluffy and the white ring/tail is visible. Fluff with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a shallow (8×8 in or 5-6 cups) casserole dish - or individual ramekins - with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk, shredded cheese, and pepper, until well mixed. Stir in the quinoa and broccoli.
- Spoon mixture into prepared casserole. Sprinkle on a couple tablespoons Parmesan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly on the edges and golden.
- Makes 8 generous 1/2-cup servings.
Per Serving: Calories 199, Protein 10 g; Fat 9 g; NET Carbs 14 g; Fiber 2 g; Sugar 1 g; Sodium 297 mg